Congressional App Challenge
2017 Congressional App Challenge
It is my pleasure to invite all students from Indiana’s Third Congressional District to participate in the 2017 Congressional App Challenge. Officially launched in 2015, this competition is designed to engage students’ creativity and encourage student participation in computer science and coding.
This nationwide competition allows students to compete with peers in their own congressional districts by creating and exhibiting their software application, or “app,” for mobile, tablet, or computer devices on a platform of their choice. We strongly encourage students of all skill levels to participate, to learn how to create their own apps.
For complete registration information and resources, please visit the Congressional App Challenge Website here.
- Registration begins Wednesday, July 26, 2017, at CongressionalAppChallenge.us.
- Submissions will be accepted until 12:00 PM (noon) November 1, 2017.
- Submissions may be from individuals or groups consisting of up to four people, two of whom must be from the 3rd congressional district.
- Participants must register here before submitting their materials.
- Competition is open to all students who meet the eligibility requirements, regardless of coding experience.
Required Submission Materials
- Title of the app.
- Coding language used.
- Description of the issue the app tackles? (350 words)
- What sort of challenges participants faced in creating the app? (1500 words)
- What changes would participants make when constructing a second version of the app? (750 words)
- Demonstration video (must be less than 3 minutes)
Winners will be chosen based on originality, app design, and quality of coding. Additional information on the submission of an app and rules for the competition will be updated here. The competition is open to students of all abilities, if you have any interest we encourage you to review these online resources.
The winner from the Third Congressional District, chosen by a panel of expert judges, will be featured on CongressionalAppChallenge.us, and the winning app will also be on display in the U.S. Capitol, honoring the winners from across the country. For more information, please visit the official Congressional App Challenge website at CongressionalAppChallenge.us or contact our office at (260) 702-4750.