Banks Praises Release of Conservative Budget Proposal
Washington, D.C. - Congressman Jim Banks (IN-03), the freshman member of the Steering Committee for the conservative Republican Study Committee (RSC), today spoke in support of the RSC budget for Fiscal Year 2018. The budget was released earlier today.
“The RSC budget outlines the reforms we need to set our fiscal house in order,” said Banks. “It prioritizes defense and national security to keep our country safe, and it sets our country’s budget on course to balance in five years. I also am pleased that my legislation, the Head Start Improvement Act, was incorporated into this budget. My proposal would provide states and local communities with better flexibility to better meet the early learning needs of children and families.”
The Republican Study Committee’s Fiscal Year 2018 Budget:
- Provides A Responsible Fiscal Path
- Prioritizes Defense and Strengthens National Security
- Fully Repeals and Replaces Obamacare
- Makes Social Security Solvent
- Saves Medicare
- Rescues Disability Insurance
- Reforms the Tax Code
- Creates an Environment for Economic Growth and Jobs
- Empowers Americans to Ensure Opportunity, Upward Mobility, and Self-Sufficiency
- Restores Constitutionalism, Limits and Reforms Government, and Fixes the Budget Process
To read more about the budget, click here.
The RSC has served as the leading conservative caucus of House Republicans since its founding in 1973. Its purpose is to bring like-minded U.S. Representatives together to promote principled legislation that limits the scope of government, strengthens national defense, invigorates America’s economy, protects traditional values and balances the national budget.
Interested members of the media may contact Anna Swick at email@example.com